Christmas Cookie Countdown!


There are 4 days 5 hours and 30 minutes left till Christmas! Yes, I broke it down. I have the NORAD
Santa Tracker application on my phone which might I add I really love. I and my kiddos have been counting down the days since Thanksgiving. We have this Christmas tradition we have done every year since my middle son was a baby. We track Santa online with NORAD (and I annoyingly frequently post where he is at on Facebook) and now this year if we have to run to the store we will be able to track him via my smartphone!

A few other traditions we have are cookies. I bake cookies every year and gift them usually. Or I should say gift the cookies we don't eat first. I also bake my grandfather a sweet potato pie every year since the local stores have stopped selling them. This Christmas we will be bringing back some old traditions from when I was a child. I am happy to get to share them with my children this year even if my grandmother is not around to share in the memories being made. 

So to help kick off some Christmas Traditions here is a Sugar Cookie recipe for you and yours to enjoy!

Christmas Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 400 F. 
In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
Beat in eggs and vanilla. 
In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt. 
Mix your dry ingredients into your butter,sugar,eggs and vanilla mix.
Cover and chill for an hour (or overnight).
When it has chilled roll out on to a floured surface and cut with cookie cutters. 
Place 2 inches apart and bake for 6 to 8 minutes. 

When finished decorate as you wish or just eat them up with a glass of milk while they are still hot!

Many Blessings and Keep Making Traditions In Your Heritage Kitchen!

Comments