Review - The Missing Link

 

Photo Courtesy of The Missing Link Facebook

Happy Friday Everyone! 

Hope everyone is having an amazing December so far. Ours has been going delightfully well. Today I wanted to share an amazing find with you guys. So, as some of you know we have relocated to Shreveport, Louisiana. It has been a pleasant relocation filled with us exploring the culinary delights the city has to offer. 

Yesterday my husband and I adventured out to do a little shopping. Lunchtime rolled around and we thought how good an all-beef hotdog sounded. We decided to stop in at the Sam's Club snack bar. That proved unsuccessful since their hotdogs were not ready. Being very new to town we have no clue of anywhere that sells a good all-beef hotdog. I decided to Google and ended up calling Twisted Root to see if they have hotdogs. If you want a really good burger, this is the place to go but we are talking hotdogs today. The guy there pointed me in the direction of The Missing Link. 

The menu was easily found on Facebook so I was able to call in an order. We were maybe 10 - 15 minutes away when I placed our order. The guy on the phone was very friendly. We ended up ordering a Classic Hotdog with mustard and sweet relish for myself, Rosemary & Garlic Fries to share and my husband got a foot long Cousin Eddie. What is a Cousin Eddie? A hotdog covered in chili, cheddar cheese, and red onions. They also have a Cousin Eddie Fry which is the same thing. 

Upon arriving we were greeted at the door. You guys, this place on the inside was amazing. I loved every bit of the decor and how it was laid out. The people who helped us were very friendly, joked, and laughed. Our food was hot and ready already waiting for us when we got there.

Now, let me tell you guys about the food. We got our bag and as we walked out the smell of Rosemary & Garlic hit my nose. It smelled so good. We got in the truck and my husband told me I needed to get the fries out so he could try them. The smell was making us extremely hungry. We cracked them open and started to dig in right away. They used fresh Rosemary and fresh Garlic. 

We held out till we got home to dig into the hotdogs. It is a good thing we did because these things were huge. Especially my husband's Cousin Eddie. These are the kind of dogs you need a fork and knife for. The buns are a sweet kaiser roll which they toast. The dogs have an amazing all-beef flavor to them. My classic was exactly what I wanted and love. I am not even a hotdog person, but no lie I would go eat another one today. The chili on the Cousin Eddie is really good! It definitely is not any canned chili-like what you would get at Sonic. The craftsmanship of these dogs was perfection. 

I give The Missing Link a thumbs up for sure. This really hit the spot for us. We will be back in the future. If you ever find yourself in Shreveport check them out. They are located Downtown at 504 Texas St Suite 100, directly across from the Courthouse. They also carry craft beers if that is your thing. Checking out their Facebook page I saw they have an event coming up soon. A night of stand up comedy for the adults 18+. Perfect quint place for a date night. So, make sure to check them out on Facebook and stop in for your very own Craft Dog. 

Until Next Time!
Make lots of memories and start new traditions. 


Comments