Jam in the Bread Machine!


I have mentioned in a past post how much I love my bread machine. I make my own pizza dough, breads, rolls and so forth as often as I can. There is a setting on my bread machine that I had not got to try yet. That is the Jam setting. I found a recipe online for a Year-Round Spiced Peach Jam. I do not remember the link for it off the top of my head, but it can be found on google. I made changes to mine however and will Type out the original ingredients and mark as to what I used.

2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoon sugar (low, light fruit pectin) *I did not include this*
4 cups peaches (thawed frozen sliced) *I did 4 cups of frozen strawberries, peach slices, and a few chunks of pineapple*
1 teaspoon ground cloves *Next time I may use half a teaspoon. It was really good but is extremely rich in spice*
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg *I used pumpkin pie spice since we are out of nutmeg*
4 teaspoon lemon juice *I used freshly squeezed lemon juice*

Place the ingredients into the bread machine. Put it on your Jam setting and press start. When the jam setting cycle is finished remove the pan from the machine. Use it, pot holder, because it will be hot. Set it out and allow it to cool. After it has cooled pour it into a container and cover. Refrigerate so it will set.

It said this will keep for 2 - 3 weeks in the refrigerator. It turned out very good and I even tried it on a slice of pound cake with dessert. It is extremely sweet also. You may want to try it with less sugar if you don't like a lot of sweets or try Splenda in place of the sugar if you are not a fan of refined sugars. Vegan or natural sugar even could possibly be used. I have never used any of the above, so I am unsure. But it is always worth a try.

Enjoy!

Comments