Bread Machine Pizza Dough + Sausage Bread


I don't know if everyone owns a bread machine, but I strongly think everyone should. I bought mine from Walmart back in Spring for $50 and may I say that was some of the best money I have spent. That and the $15 on my rice cooker. Back to my bread machine. I make my dough in my machine instead of making and baking the bread in the machine. The loaves when made in the machine come out tall but still ends up being fewer servings, because it is not a long loaf. I mix my dough up in my machine then place it in a loaf pan to bake in the oven. I shared on my first post my Amish White Bread recipe that makes two loaves of bread. It is sweet and very tasty! Make a beautiful loaf.

I also make my own yeast rolls and pizza dough. You can use pizza dough for a lot of different things outside of making pizzas. I make sausage bread with my pizza dough as well. This has become a family favorite as a matter of fact. It is very high in calories so if you are on a diet I would not suggest eating this at all. We make it, because my youngest who has weight issues loves it and will eat it like there is no tomorrow.


Pizza Dough


1 cup water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon bread machine quick-acting active dry yeast

Directions:
Add ingredients to the pan in the order listed, set bread machine on"dough" and walk away.
After the cycle is completed, lightly coat the dough ball in flour and roll or slap out to the desired size.
Top with desired sauce, cheeses, meats, and/or veggies and bake at 450° until cheese is golden brown.
Will make a 9-10" pizza of average thickness, or a 13-14" thin crust pizza.



Sausage Bread



1 lb Cooked ground Italian sausage (you can use any kind of breakfast sausage you want as well)
2 cups of shredded cheese (any cheese you like. I sometimes use more than 2 cups)
1 Prepared Pizza dough rolled out

Place the cooked sausage on top of the rolled out pizza dough. Top it with the shredded cheese then roll the dough up and seal.

I usually do not roll mine like a jelly roll, due to me putting too much stuff in it. I end up placing the goods in the center of my dough then I wrap the edges over the stuff and seal the dough.
You can brush it with some melted butter or olive oil if you like. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top as well if you would like.

If you like doing these things I would suggest doing that when you have 10 minutes left of cooking.

After you fill it follow the same cooking directions for the pizza dough you are using.


Sausage bread can be frozen after being made. You can cut it and freeze the slices or just make and freeze a whole sausage bread. They are great for breakfast and you can actually make different meals with this same concept. We have filled our dough with meaty pasta sauce even and added some garlic salt and cheese to the top. Loaded the inside with cheese as well. If your a fan of the famous Sausage and Peppers Italian meal then stuff your dough with that. Stuff it with meatballs and marinara. Make a meal out of it. Salad on the side makes it great.

Making memories and traditions!

Comments