Monday, May 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Have I mentioned I love to cook. I love to experiment. I love to see people react well to the things I create. LOVE it!! So I have made things like Sausage Bread (which I shared the recipe on my Heritage Kitchen blog before) and shared a picture on my Facebook of it.

Which doing so gets me questions like does it taste good? What is the recipe and so forth. This is why I started my Heritage Kitchen blog (which will soon be linked to this one for easy access). I will be adding pictures of things I create and the recipes to go along with it. Yesterday for Valentines Day I made this for my husband and kids and even an extra one I put all together and took to his job for the guys he works with.
It is a giant chocolate chip cookie I cooked in a round cake pan. I topped it with 5 small scoops of ice cream, bite size pieces of brownie, cool whip and red sugar crystals.

Before all of the toppings it just looked like a GIANT chocolate chip cookie.

Oh yes you may scream YUMMY now. This was the same recipe that Tina from Life Without Pink and Project Marriage  posted up back in December when it was cookie baking season. I made a few tweaks of course to the recipe so it was not as stiff like most chocolate chip cookie doughs. That way it could be spread out into the cake pan easier.

If I would have done the full recipe I would have made about 3 or 4 of these cookie cakes from one batch. I was able to make 2. Here is my altered recipe for the above.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 cups butter, softened
1 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs, vanilla and pudding mix. Mix flour and baking soda together in separate bowl. Add to the butter, sugars, ect and mix well. Add in the chocolate chips. 

Preheat oven 375 degrees. Spray inside of a cake pan with butter cooking spray. Lay in a long piece of wax paper and push it down into the pan. Spray the wax paper with cooking spray. Dip in half of the cookie dough and spread it out flat in the pan. Bake for 20 - 25 mins. 

When finished remove from oven. Lift the wax paper from the cake pan to remove cookie from pan. Let cool. 

Repeat for the other half of the dough. 


So yea I love to cook and I love to share what I cook even more! Weither it is a pot of chili, a stew, 3 course meal or something sweet. I will hand over a plate to anyone who looks like they could use a bite to eat or who might just be curious as to how my creations taste.

Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Valentines Day!

~Archived 2/15/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment