Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crispy Chicken Fingers

I am addicted to a few things I find it ok to be addicted to. First is Pinterest and Etsy. Love both sites, because both give me great ideas. I am also addicted to Twitter and all of my Twitter buddies. I can get addicted to Facebook sometimes for the games, but also love it for the great recipe post I see in my news feed. I love to cook! I love to make good memories with my family and I love to start new family traditions. Traditions help make memories. Memories help children grow. Good memories help them grow up right. This I have always been taught since I was a child and believe it to be very much true. Another thing I am addicted to is trying to find healthy alternatives to the unhealthy favorites in our diet. That way I can enjoy the goodies just as much. Well today on my daily Pinterest browsing I found a recipe for Crispy Chicken Fingers. Talk about looking yummy! See for yourself!!




See yummy!
This recipe comes from Fitness Magazine so not only does it look yummy, but it's healthy! Yes you can imagine my happy happy joy joy dance when I found this recipe. It shall be going into my recipe box to try out with my family.



Crispy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
Ingredients
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
Dash of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
2. Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake about 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition facts per serving: 212 calories, 23g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fat (1g saturated), 0g fiber

Healthy Dipping Sauces
Ditch the standard ranch dressing and stir up one of these low-cal sauces.
1/4 cup Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon honey = Homemade Honey Mustard
1/4 cup ketchup + pinch chili powder = Kicked-Up Ketchup
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream + fresh lime + fresh cilantro = Zesty Sour Cream
1/2 cup low-fat mayo + 1 teaspoon dried dill + 1 teaspoon garlic powder = Spiced Mayo



Hope you and your family enjoy this recipe while making memories!


Making Memories and Starting Tradtions,

No comments:

Post a Comment